Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Christianity in Teens Today


Many teenagers that are Christians do live up to their word and beliefs, the ones that know what it means to be a true Christian. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship. Not all Christians are hypocrites, most try very hard to live by God's word because it is truely important to them.


I am 17 years old and I have never had sex, I have never been drunk, and I have never tried any drugs. I don't spend my nights partying. I try to live God's will as best as I possibly can. Of course, everyone sins. We were born to make mistakes. Everyone has sworn before or lied on occasion. It is normal. But when I do mess up, like if I swear or disrespect my parents, I feel very bad about it later because I know that is not what God wants. Jesus came because He knew we couldn't be good enough by ourselves to reach heaven. He died for us and I am so thankful for that.


I am very involved in my church. I go to church every sunday. I volunteer when I am needed. I read parts of my Bible everyday, right now I am reading John with a friend and we talk about what we learn from it. I go to a youth group every Wednesday during the school year and I am involved in D-group every Sunday night during the schoool year. Last year in D-group we learned the importance of sexual abstinence and how sacred virginity and purity really is. And purity is not just about not having sex. The Bible talks about having no hint of sexual immorality. This week I am volunteering at SAS-5. A program that teaches elementary school kids about how much Jesus loves them. It is the most rewarding thing that I have ever done.


I haven't always been this way. I don't go to the same church as my family. I started going to an Evangelical church with a friend during my sophomore year of high school. Since then I have been attending regulary.


God is someone that is really important to me and to a lot of other teenagers I know. Being a Christian is not just something we say we are, and then we act however way we want. Many of my friends are devoted to living to God's word and it is possible for a teenager to be that way.
Posted by: Nina Schepp

No comments:

Post a Comment